COMPLETE CONTEST RULES
Contest starts at 12:01 a.m. Eastern Time on November 3, 2008 and continues until 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time on November 30, 2008 (Contest Closing Date). No purchase necessary. Earn an additional entry for each friend you refer by using our “send to a friend” feature.
To enter, do one (1) of the following:
A random draw by a representative of QA International, a division of Québec Amérique (Contest Sponsor), from all eligible entries received as of the Contest Closing Date will be made at approximately noon on December 1, 2008 at 329 De la Commune West, Montreal, Quebec. Selected entrants will be contacted by email, as stated on the entry form.
If a selected entrant cannot be reached within ten (10) days following the draw or declines the prize, another entrant will be selected.
- Participants are eligible to win one (1) of two (2) copies of Merriam-Webster’s Visual Dictionary, one (1) of two (2) Visual Dictionary CD-ROMs, one of two (2) iPod nano chromes, one of two (2) iPod shuffles or one of two (2) iTunes gift cards.
- Prizes must be accepted as awarded and may not be transferred or exchanged.
- No communications will be entered into except with the selected entrants. Winners will be announced in the weekly newsletter.
- All Québec Amérique and QA International employees and their immediate family and people they are living with cannot enter the contest.
- Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries. All entries that are incomplete, illegible, damaged, irregular or have been submitted through illicit means may be disqualified.
- This contest will be run in accordance with these rules, subject to amendment by the Contest Sponsor. Contestants must comply with these rules, and will be deemed to have received and understood the rules by participating in the contest. The terms of this contest, as set out in these rules, are not subject to amendment or counteroffer, except as set out herein.
- The Contest Sponsor assumes no responsibility for failure of the Internet or the website during the promotional period, for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from playing or downloading any material in the promotion. The Contest Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend the email portion of this contest should a virus, bug or other cause beyond their reasonable control corrupt the security or proper administration of the contest. Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or to undermine the legitimate operation of this promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, the Contest Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution.
- If the identity of an entrant is disputed, the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry will be deemed to be the entrant. The individual assigned to the email address for the domain associated with the submitted email address is considered the authorized account holder. A selected entrant may be required to provide proof that he or she is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the selected entry. All entries must be submitted from a valid email account that may be identified by reverse domain name search. The sole determinant of time for the purposes of receipt of a valid entry in this contest will be the contest server machine(s).
- Quebec residents are eligible for this contest. Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted ti the Régie des Alcools, des courses et des jeux for ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
- Winners from outside Canada and the U.S. are responsible for the shipping fees. QA International will pay the shipping fee only to U.S. and Canadian addresses.